Augnito/ Scribetech

Hi Frank

We are into our 8th year with Sectra RIS/PACS and PACS based reporting. VR was pretty good with Philips Nuance but we moved to Recognosco a few years ago and I’m struggling to recall a complaint since it bedded in. There is no training required and recognition is excellent even where humans struggle to understand an accent. Sectra PACS based reporting is as simple as it gets: open the case, click, speak, click and it’s done. PACS team support overhead beyond creating new accounts is zero.

I knew there was watered grass somewhere.

We used Philips Speechmagic with our previous RIS and it was shocking so I was worried when we started to use it with Soliton but it (& Soliton) have been great - staff just crack on with it from the off, and as Richard says we too have found recognition to be excellent even where humans struggle to understand an accent.

So there is greener grass in the fields of Sectra and on the lawns of Soliton. When we get to procurement at the end of our MES, we will jump over the fence to visit the topic again. Long dark tunnel ahead still.

1 Like

As a side note to my previous comments on Augnito, at our local private hospital we have Nuance Speechmagic with Carestream (Phillips) RIS, which is solid, certainly with no freezes.

Not sure if this product is available anymore though.

Good to hear your comments about Philips RIS/Speechmagic Richard. We have just procured it and due to go live early next year.

but don’t go buying a new lawnmower in anticipation, until you have checked the green grass is not artificial grass :blush:

2 Likes

Good advice. We plan to send a radiologist over the fence to graze a bit and speak to some of the gardeners :slight_smile:

Hi Karen, a bit late but what was your previous RIS?
All our radiologists have now switched back to CRIS/Dragon15. None of them are particularly happy, which falls in the English understatement category.

1 Like

Hi Frank, it was Philips XiRIS that had an “integrated” reporting side to it called XRE - both were less than ideal

I have just tested Augnito on a test version of CRIS 2.12.08. It is definitely improved. The punctuation mess is fixed and quite a few of the commonly mistranscribed words are now working. There are still a few words it doesn’t get right often and we will continue to feed these back. There is also now the option to turn off the preview window that pops up and covers the request card for those of us still using scanned paper.

Interesting. We’re on 2.12.07. All radiologists rolled back to CRIS/Dragon after our 2 weeks trial with CRIS/Augnito. Bar from the list of issues in my earlier post, the main issue was the microphone stopped recording without warning. It would miss part of sentences or complete sentences. The combination with auto capitalization made it outright dangerous to use.

Are you the only person testing? Are you using it on a Trust PC on a busy network or e.g. from home? I’m asking as we’ve never got any explanation (nor apology) from Wellbeing and it undoubtedly worked in the Mansfield development centre. There must be a key difference with our environment.

I tried it on a test workstation that the systems team use for testing new versions before roll out. Currently about 6 of my colleagues (out of about 20) are using it for reporting.

I have been using Augnito daily on Trust workstations for quite a while on our current version of CRIS, which has the capitalisation/punctuation issues. It doesn’t change the meaning, just looks wrong, and is too time consuming to correct on every report.

Curiously, I have never had the microphone stop recording without warning, missing sentences. It does sometimes ‘disconnect’ if there is a gap between reports, but you quickly notice no response when you start dictating and can re-enable it. Didn’t test the new version long enough to see if this still occurs.

That suggest that we should be able to get CRIS/Augnito to work. But Wellbeing has gone completely silent since September. They just let us roll back and asked for the usual “can you send us the logs”.

Feedback today to CAM from wellbeing is that trusts needs to be on CRIS version 2.12.08 to fully explore/utilise Augnito with all bug fixes applied

Out of interest when you took 2.12.07 had you previously had 2.12.06?

Was sessions broken in that version ? it is for CAM

And is the limitation on exam code changes even locked down for super suers once a report is in edit/prelim or Verified not possible affecting your day to day workflow issues for other reasons e.g. data acucuracy/contrast usage/accuracy of laterality/ billing /coding?

image001.jpg

• We were advised not to take 2.12.06 and wait 6 months for 2.12.07 as it would solve a number of issues like the capitalization problems. Needless to say: it didn’t.
  • We were previously on 2.12.05. Sessions are not really used. I’ve automated a few stat extracts in the past, but the interface was clumsy, and secretaries didn’t like it. We never used it after that.
  • Yes, if I understand your description correctly: I can’t remember at which version this downgrade was introduced. My colleague commented that “Wellbeing has clearly not understood that correcting records during any stage of the workflow, is what RIS managers do for a living”. We now have time consuming processes in place to correct CRIS records which require us to make corrections on PACS as well.

Absolutely Frank it has crippled our principals checking processes too who were very good at checking exam codes matched what actually took place

A reversal of this change has been agreed to exclude obstetrics and is going in version 2.12.10 which CAM are waiting for to fix everything bad which was introduced in 2.12.06

image001.jpg

Using the words “fix everything bad” in a post related to Wellbeing CRIS is pushing your luck a bit. :grin:

1 Like

I know that frank been around a long time like you

Still waiting for the basics in some instances

What really hit me after our “upgrade” was several of the items we logged WBS said they were aware of but hadn’t been documented in the known issues log

What hope have we got?

image001.jpg

image002.jpg

Well, my hope is 99.9% based on procuring eventually an alternative RIS and 1.3% on Wellbeing sorting out outstanding issue. Note there is overlap in the hope, which is reason for optimism.