Cardiology Echo viewing at home

Hi all,

We are looking at how to provide the best performance for our cardiologists to review ECHO and ANGIO examinations when working at home. We currently have them using a zero-footprint application that is running natively over a VPN connection to their laptop/Trust PC however, there is some concern over the performance and time taken to buffer between sequences (3-6 seconds).

Has anyone else got any better solutions such as running over CITRIX or VMWare, or have you given them dedicated workstations at home that require download of the DICOM images to provide the best performance.

Any help or experience would be gratefully received as we have reached the best performance we can with the solution we have but (as expected!) it is still not good enough for what they want to acheive.

Thanks
Simon

1 Like

Simon.
I am a Cardiac Physiologist by background. (And worked at GOSH many, many years ago!)
Happy to share my experience using various DICOM compliant solutions with and without advanced post-processing and reporting tools for Cardiology and currently using for remote reporting of my own scans.

Feel free to message me directly at twait@nhs.net

Hi Simon,

I am assuming the Cardiologists needs the full acquired image quality (ie. no lossless compression). If this is the case, then there is a limit to what our UK WANs and home braodband connections will be able to acheive. That leaves you with “pre-pushing” data using some kind of worklist.

I know that On-Demand solutions that use progressive (by which I mean step-by-step) decompression to display something, the build-to-lossless for full display - but you still have to wait to see the images.

Worth a chat maybe? We can set up a call if you like? How you’re well?