HL7 & DICOM Training - Latest Dates Winter 2022

Evening all,

As Christmas approaches an update on the national training courses:

All dates for 2022 are now fully booked. We are about to start scheduling from February 2023 onwards. For any new regions or groups who would like to block book an entire session for some point in 2023 please get in touch. Block booking helps tremendously with reducing the administrative burden on the volunteers.

New public sessions for booking will be added to the main site and listed below when available, but for the smaller sessions those on the waiting list are generally filling the places within 24 hours of release still. Apologies if you miss out on a space due to this, we will set up at least one session a year in a large venue with a few hundred places available.

Thank you also to everyone who made the first outing of the 4-day Advanced training possible on Guernsey earlier this month and the latest session on Jersey last week, I hope despite the weather everyone who attended found it (and the evening tennerfests!) useful.

Training sessions now up & running again:
1-day Fundamentals of Radiology I.T. (aimed at Radiographers / AHPs / IEP Clerks / Students / I.T. / interested others who are in or joining the PACS team or looking for CPD on imaging informatics - this session is based on the Clark’s PACS, RIS & Imaging Informatics textbook)
2-day Intermediate HL7 + DICOM (aimed at PACS Team members)
3-day (possible 4-day depending on location) Advanced HL7 + DICOM (aimed at PACS Managers / I.T. PACS Leads, must have passed the Intermediate assessment within the past 7-years)
0.5-day GDPR for PACS Teams (aimed at PACS Team Members)
1-day XDS & IHE (aimed at PACS Team Members)
1-week PRINCE2 (new edition) and ITILv4 (new edition) (for anyone - not specific to informatics)

As always, all sessions are vendor neutral. Current waiting lists for the 1-day & 2-day sessions are now down to around 2,000 attendees.

Belfast - April 2022 (completed)
Cardiff - May 2022 (completed)
Jersey & Channel Islands 1 - May 2022 (completed)
Manchester 1 - June 2022 (completed)
Scotland 1 - July 2022 (completed)
Manchester 2 - July 2022 (completed)
Scotland 2 - August 2022 (completed)
Jersey & Channel Islands 2 - August 2022 (completed)
Scotland 3 - September 2022 (completed)
Guernsey & Channel Islands 3 - October 2022 (completed)
Jersey & Channel Islands 4 - October 2022 (completed)
Reading 1 - October 2022 (fully booked)
Netherlands - November 2022 (booking closed)
Reading 2 - December 2022 (fully booked)
Durham - December 2022 (fully booked)

2023 tentative venues
Scotland - January 2022
Liverpool - February 2023
Devon - February 2023

Hi Alex,
If the Devon venue is confirmed please can i have the details as this would be the only one I could attend.
BW

1 Like

how can I join the waiting list for a Scotland course?

1 Like

Hi there,

Are there any spots open for the 2-day course in Devon in February?

Any assistance would be much appreciatted.

1 Like

Hi Kenneth

Not sure your question was supposed to come to me was this intended for Alex Peck?

~WRD0002.jpg

Hi there,

Yes, this was intended for Alex Peck.

I had assumed I did, but evidently not. I don’t think I have the option to send Alex a message yet.

Thank you for the heads up.

I think if you reply to the group message, he will see it

I’m guessing you replied just to me form a comment I may have added

~WRD0002.jpg

How do i join a waiting list or apply for a space?

1 Like

Morning all,

Slight change to the plans, 1-day Fundamentals and 2-day Intermediate sessions are now running on the following dates next year:
Ireland / West / Sligo - 28th & 29th January 2023 (fully booked)
Devon - 11th & 12th February 2023 (fully booked)
Liverpool - 18th & 19th February 2023 (booking open)
Scotland - 25th & 26th February 2023 (booking open)
Jersey & Channel Islands 1 - 25th & 26th March 2023 (booking open)
Netherlands - 27th, 28th, 29th March 2023 (booking open)
Manchester - 3rd & 4th June 2023 (UKIO weekend) (booking opens soon) << this is our annual ‘large’ session with around 500 places available.

Sessions being planned:
Reading - March 2023

@youlu (Lucy Young) - the Scottish dates are confirmed as 25th & 26th February 2023 for the 2-day Intermediate and the 26th February 2023 for the Fundamentals 1-day. Booking for these is now open at www.learnpacs.com (click ‘show more events from this organiser’ at the bottom of the page).

@prothermic (Michelle Prothero-Vass) & @Agustink (Kenneth Christian Agustin) - the Devon date of 11th & 12th February has been booked completely by a healthcare company for their new staff. Would either of you be able to check the demand in the region to let us know if it would be viable to run another session in March there? Would there be a chance the Trusts in the region could club together to help cut down on our admin work? Please PM me if there’s enough interest to run another session there! :slight_smile:

@bonnie.osullivan (Bonnie O’Sullivan) - Liverpool is confirmed as 18th & 19th February 2023, in Liverpool! :slight_smile:

Lastly, a big thank you to everyone who has helped or supported the non-profit sessions in 2022, in particular our trainers Anand, Anant, Emma, Kevin, Michael, Mike, Monica, Pierre, Sam plus my long time personal assistants Kerry-Anne and Paul - we’ve trained over 1,000 attendees this year, making it just over 5,500 trained in total since we started 15 years ago, plus around a further 750 students directly in their BSc programmes in universities across the country, along with all the readers of the main Clark’s PACS, RIS & Imaging Informatics textbook throughout the world. None of this would have been possible without you all.

@Carolyne_Geary (Carolyne Geary) - the public sessions can be booked at www.learnpacs.com, or if you’re in a region / have a session arranged by your PACS provider via your regional lead. The public sessions usually book up within a few days and are then replaced with the ‘join waiting list’ option. Hope to see you on one soon! :slight_smile:

Hi Alex,

Do you have any dates in April ?

Thanks

Hi Vishnu,
No worries, the HL7 + DICOM sessions currently in April 2023 have been arranged for specific teams.

Could you make the ‘big’ June sessions which are happening just before UKIO on 3rd & 4th June 2022 instead? Those dates will shortly be released for booking.

Any more details on the possibility of XDS & IHE training?

Hi Alex - I will volunteer to do some if it’s useful. You can drop me an email to discuss.

1 Like