PACS/RIS Solution

Hi all

Difficult question but I’m looking for a ballpark figure for a local/central server based PACS/RIS solution so that I have a number to try to budget against - can anyone help please?

Fiona… Really difficult to say without some more info. For the Volumes, throughput, modalities, No. users (Radiology & non-Radiology), likely interface requirements, access patterns just as a start. I appreciate you may not want to disclose some before you go to market but as much as you can might be helpful.

The one thing you have mentioned is ‘local/central server’. This suggests you have ruled out a cloud-based solution?

It could be a big differentiating point -

1. Locally hosted - means a likely upfront capital cost (and possible impact - both good and bad - on things like resilience and uptime)
  2. Cloud - means a likely per-study cost.

Will PACS and RIS come from same vendor or no? Good PACS don’t always come with good RIS (and vice versa) & your RIS requirements should arguably drive your process as much as PACS.

Haven’t been much help there, I know.

1 Like

Hi Fiona,

I would agree with Martin: it’s quite variable depending on volume and what features + level of support / handholding are required, as well as the architecture of the desired system.

Pricing is also up in the air at the moment due to hardware costs and availability being difficult to predict from one week to the next, and a lot of PACS vendors are / were handling a batch of regional tenders (which due to the National Programme happen all at once in an area!).

The best way to start would be to draw up a list of what features (MPR, NM, Ortho, Education etc.) the users would like, the number of reporting workstations etc., modalities and approximate exam volume along with the preferred contract length and solicit quotations from the main vendors using this. Be aware and mentally prepared they will ‘pounce’ once they sniff an opportunity. You’ll be invited to more dinners than days left on the Earth. People will start popping in to your office, dropping names and invites to RSNA + you’ll gain new friends that randomly pop up on contract anniversaries… and so on :slight_smile:

Good luck!
Al.

Note to others:
Unfortunately several earlier posts in this thread were reported to the admin team by the community for commercial solicitation.

The reported posts have been removed.

A kind reminder to please not use the main forum or messaging services as a marketing or sales board. It creates work for the volunteers running it.

Legitimate advertising is available, as are jobs, meeting & events listings, see the info on the main page.

Thank you to those who got in touch.