QA Image - Unusual Digital Anomaly (Scaling Artefact? Horizontal Resolution Mismatch?)

This one has me stumped… any ideas as to why this test image is displaying with the diagonal line only on the high contrast test region? It’s at image pixel to screen pixel (and 100% zoom) and the monitor has not been changed since yesterday…

I thought it was a zoom or pixel mismatch (etc.) but tried everything I can think of!
It’s a breast screening modality.

Could it be a monitor digitiser fault (i.e. decoder display hardware?)

Al.

Hi Alex

It might be helpful to have an idea of what kit it is - I assume it’s a PACS reporting monitor but I wasn’t sure what brand.

From the picture, the line looks like it extends a bit into the large grey square on the upper left.

I would guess it’s a timing or memory issue somewhere in the display controller or GPU (but this is very much a guess and I couldn’t find anything helpful on the internet).

Does it do the same when you plug it in to a known good workstation/GPU? If not, perhaps try a graphics driver update on the faulty workstation.

If it’s the same when plugged into other workstations/graphics cards, probably needs to be returned to the manufacturer. But before doing this, check the manual for any full reset that might be possible.

I know the above may be obvious and you have probably tried them already!

Best wishes

Mark

1 Like

Does the artefact disappear when you adjust the scaling?

Sorry… late to the convo and hope you have it sorted but… not dissimilar to an issue I saw a while back. bands of higher contrast in one direction at one zoom level, then another direction at another zoom. Did a cross section of pixels and found every 2 or 3 pixels were slightly elevated (small %) - seems to have created a resonance pattern. In my case seems mismatched collimators after an equipment upgrade may(!) have been the problem. A low-level mean filter fixed the issue.