Radiology performance and benchmark reports

I’d be grateful for any advice or shared experience in this…

In Greater Manchester we are developing our BI reporting services that will enable us to create performance and benchmark reports looking across the whole integrated care system in Manchester.

We have established patient/exam level feeds from the GM radiology information system CRIS and can link them other patient level GM datasets including cancer pathways.

I am currently producing on a document covering core benchmark reports for radiology by provider including:

• Activity reports
  • Waiting time reports
  • DNA rates
  • Reporting turnaround times
  • Reporting backlogs
  • Auto-reporting rates

More pathway focussed reports include:

• Pathway imaging activity
  • Percentage compliance with pathway specific KPIs - referral to scan/report

I’d be interested to hear from anyone who has worked on producing specifications for either these core radiology metrics or more pathway specific reports?

I’m also keen to hear about anyone who has used cross organisational benchmark reports to help drive service improvements? What reports did you find most effective and how were they used to help address any inequalities and deficiencies in the system?

PS I’ve posted this question to the open forum but I’d be grateful from any feedback on this from the @gmpacs @PACS_Managers @pacsgroup members as well.

Hi Rhidian,
At RCR we produced a Business Intelligence Document with definitions.

Thank you @Ndugar :blush:

Radiology business intelligence for service planning and workforce modelling

The purpose of this document is to enable technology companies, especially radiology information system (RIS) providers, to improve data presentation for radiologists to articulate the significant workforce shortages facing the specialty. Access to better information will enable radiologists to justify their arguments for funding for radiologist posts and increased recruitment.

The guidance provides information about the importance of data transparency and examples of real time business intelligence. There are also appendicies to support the implementation of the recommendations.