RIS/PACS Desktop Integration

Has anyone experienced issues with desktop integration not functioning correctly when upgrading Philips/Carestream PACS from v.11.4 to v12.2 alongside Wellbeing CRIS 2.11.05. I’d be interested in a direct conversation if anyone has experienced and resolved the issues. PACS launches first time then crashes upon choosing a second patient then every other patient. Philips R&D currently investigating but thought I’d put the question out there to see if any other site can shed any light.

Hi Kathleen

We had that problem at Walton Centre Liverpool ( part of CAM) and it was resolved by double checking the case sensitivity of the DTI single sign on user name and password

If user name or password is capitals in RIS (in our case CRIS) and not capitals in PACS user account it caused this effect

Fine for first patient then breaks for all subsequent patients

Try that -

image001.jpg

image002.jpg

image003.jpg

image004.png

Thanks Bonnie, see how you get on with that first Kathleen but if you need any further assistance feel free to get in touch.

Cheers
Alex

Thanks for your quick reply Bonnie, I think the problem is slightly different but that has been really useful information in the meantime, much appreciated.

Thanks Alex, Philips have been in touch directly with your guys I believe, thanks for that.